Thursday, September 2, 2010

A work in progress

So the other day my friend Melissa posted about some new fabric she got and since then I have had a very strong sewing itch. I pulled out my stash (yes, it is small enough to actually pull it out... I have a smallish box not quite full) and started considering various fabrics to turn into... something. I've decided to take a very organic approach to it and just start creating. I have a vague idea of what I want to do, but I just want to see where it takes me. Last night I cut some fabric and plan to start piecing today, hopefully. It's definitely going to be a "modern" and "wonky" quilt, but I think it will be fun. I'll try to post some pictures of the work in progress later.

I have also decided to try and participate in Project Modern, a four challenge year-long event by the Modern Quilt Guild. The first challenge was posted yesterday, and I already have two possible designs sketched out! I'm really excited about trying to get back into quilting, and I think a more modern approach may be the way to do it. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment